August 31, 2021 – David Sprinkle was on Fox 35 a couple of times this past week discussing employer vaccination mandates and companies raising insurance premiums for unvaccinated workers.
What you need to know:
– Your employer can mandate that you get a covid vaccine and if you refuse can terminate your employment.
– The only exceptions are if you claim a religious accommodation and/or a medical accommodation.
– Insurance companies can not raise your premiums if you are not vaccinated.
– Companies like Delta Airlines that self insures have raised the premiums for all employees to offset the costs of and are offering discounts to vaccinated employees through their Employee Wellness Program.
– Many insurance companies are no longer waiving the costs of covid hospitalization and now will be requiring those that are not vaccinated to pay their deductible first before insurance kicks in.